Terms & Conditions
CASTLEROCK CLASSICS – CLASSIC VEHICLE RENTAL
FULL TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF HIRE
Thank you for hiring a vehicle with Castlerock Classics and we hope you have a great time. There are some important terms and conditions of hire which you must agree to before hiring the vehicle. Please read them carefully before placing your booking.
The hirer / you refers to the person named on the hire agreement form and who has agreed to the full terms and conditions.
Us / we / Castlerock Classics refers to the owner of the vehicle, Alistair Simpson, 12 Liffock Crescent, Castlerock, Co Londonderry, BT51 4TG.
The vehicle refers to the classic vehicle rented on the hire agreement form.
Rental period refers to the dates of hire on the hire agreement form.
- Ownership of the Vehicle
We retain the title to the vehicle and the hirer possesses the vehicle on hire only as per the hire agreement. The hirer shall not agree, attempt, offer or purport to sell, assign, sublet, lend, pledge, mortgage, let on hire, or otherwise part with or attempt to part with the personal possession of or otherwise deal with the vehicle.
- Insurance Requirements
- Comprehensive insurance for one driver will be included with the cost of the rental. Additional drivers £10 per day.
- The driver will be aged between 23-75 years old and have held a valid license for 2 years
- The drivers’ identity must be confirmed using a driving licence and two proofs of address (dated within 90 days of booking) sent to the same address as on the driving licence.
- A copy of the photocard driving licence will be retained.
- For GB driver licences (not NI) a DVLA check on licenses must be completed, either by supplying driver licence number and National Insurance Number or by generation of a check code on the DVLA website.
- Written requirements of the insurance policy will be sent to the hirer on booking.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to provide correct paperwork and to comply with all the requirements of the insurance policy. Failure to do so will result in forfeit of the hire and all monies paid.
- Booking Deposit
- If a booking is made more than 6 weeks prior to the booking date, a £100 booking deposit must be made at the time of booking.
- The full balance of payment must be received within 2 weeks of the booking period. Failure to provide payment in full may result in the booking being cancelled by us and the booking deposit will be retained.
- If the booking is made less than 2 weeks prior to the booking date, the cost of the booking must be paid in full at the time of booking.
- Security Deposit
- A security deposit of £600 must be paid by the hirer by pre-authorisation of credit card at the time of hire.
- The vehicle must be returned in the same condition as it was presented to the hirer. If the vehicle has been operated in accordance with the full terms and conditions, it is returned undamaged and in a reasonably clean condition, the security deposit will be returned within 7 days after the return of the vehicle.
- If the cost of any damage and/or other payments incurred during the hire period exceeds the value of the security deposit, the hirer must pay any additional costs over and above the value of the security deposit.
- Damage to the vehicle may result in there being a delay of up to 3 weeks in the return of any security deposit while the damage is assessed.
- Any legal penalties incurred during the hire period which have not been disclosed and paid will be deducted from the security deposit.
- If the vehicle interior is not in a reasonably clean condition a charge of £40 for cleaning will be deducted from the security deposit.
- Hire Time Periods
- The vehicle can be collected on the first day of the hire period any time after 2pm
- The vehicle must be returned on the final day of the hire period no later than 12am (midday).
- If the vehicle is returned late, we will charge an additional surcharge of £40 per hour after 12am which shall be taken from the security deposit.
- The vehicle is supplied with a full tank of unleaded petrol and must be returned with the tank full. If the hirer fails to do this, the cost of any fuel required will be deducted from the security deposit.
8. Driving and Rental Restrictions
- Please remember this is an older, classic vehicle and the driving experience is much different from driving modern cars. The vehicle must be treated gently and with respect, especially when changing gears. Greater braking distances should be allowed for and cornering must be gentle.
- Distance is limited to no more than an average of 100 miles per day with no more than 150 miles in a single day. If the total mileage limit is exceeded, a charge equivalent to £0.25 per mile will be taken from the security deposit.
- Speed should not exceed 55 mph. A cruising speed of 50 mph is recommended.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer for any costs incurred in recovering the vehicle if it becomes stuck or bogged in soft ground.
- The vehicle must be driven in a cautious, safe and normal manner and must not be used in any manner which may result in damage to the vehicle. The hirer is responsible for any legal penalties during the hire period, e.g. speeding, parking or toll fines.
- The hirer will be responsible for the loss of vehicle keys.
- When leaving the vehicle unattended, it is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure that all door locks are secured, and that the vehicle key is not left in the ignition.
- The hirer is responsible for the loss of any personal items from the vehicle.
- No more passengers (including the driver) than seat belts are available for may be carried in the vehicle.
- Smoking is not allowed inside the vehicle at any time.
- No passengers may be carried for hire or reward.
- As is the way with older and classic vehicles, they may be subject to the occasional breakdown.
- It is the responsibility of the hirer to ensure the vehicle is properly maintained during the rental period, including carrying out such checks as oil level and tyre pressures.
- Only unleaded petrol should be used to fuel the vehicle. It is the hirers responsibility for any costs incurred due to the use of the incorrect fuel.
- The hirer must react to any dashboard warning lights.
- The hirer is responsible for the repair / replacement of any damaged tyres during the rental period.
- Included in the hire agreement is breakdown cover and relay cover back to the point of hire. The hirer must not abandon the vehicle at the roadside but must wait with the vehicle for breakdown cover to arrive. If a roadside repair cannot be affected and relay is required, the hirer must report this to us as soon as is reasonably practical.
- A pack of common spares is included with the vehicle to assist with roadside repairs.
- If the vehicle cannot be repaired promptly after return, a refund will be offered by us on a pro-rata basis for the remaining hire period.
- We cannot be held responsible for any consequential or additional expenses incurred because of a breakdown, for example (but not inclusive) hiring alternative vehicle, travel expenses or late arrivals.
- In the event of an accident, the hirer must stop. Gather as much information as possible including the name and addresses of any other drivers or parties involved. No liability should be admitted. Photographs should be taken. If police attend, a police reference number should be recorded.
- Inform us as soon as is reasonably practical.
- Booking Cancellation / Modification Policy
11.1 Cancellation / Modification by the Hirer
- If the cancellation/modification is greater than 6 weeks before the hire period, we will retain the booking deposit but refund any additional payments that may have been made.
- If the cancellation/modification is within the 6 weeks before the hire period, we will retain the full cost of the vehicle hire.
11.2 Cancellation by Us
- If a cancellation is made by us due to a vehicle being unavailable, we will provide a full refund of all payments, but we cannot accept liability for any other costs incurred.
- We reserve the right, however, to cancel a booking without refund if the full terms and conditions are not met.